1. Footstep Events Ltd (ABN: 40 643 623 910), and its related entities (‘Footstep Events ‘, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’, ‘its’) is committed to protecting your personal information, and as such complies with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). ‘Personal information’ can be considered as any information or opinion that can identify or be used to identify you.
2. We may collect sensitive information such as health or medical information. ‘Sensitive information’ is a subset of personal information and can relate to areas like religious beliefs, memberships, and genetic information.
3. FOOTSTEP EVENTS LTD will ensure as far as possible that any personal information collected is used only for the purposes set out in this Policy.
4. Personal information collected and retained by FOOTSTEP EVENTS LTD includes (but is not limited to); your name, address, telephone numbers, emergency contact details and email.
5. FOOTSTEP EVENTS LTD will not collect or monitor any personal information about an individual without their consent. The only personal information collected is that which is provided voluntarily by you. However if certain information is omitted, FOOTSTEP EVENTS LTD may be unable to correspond with you in a timely and efficient manner and to keep you up-to-date with information on its activities.
6. It is impossible for FOOTSTEP EVENTS LTD to distinguish if a person under 16 years of age (a minor) has provided FOOTSTEP EVENTS LTD with personal information. If that has occurred without parental or guardian consent that personal information will be removed if requested by the minor or the minor’s parent or guardian.
7. Your personal information may be used by us in a number of ways, including:
• for the purpose for which the information was requested (e.g. Great Aussie Hike );
• to promote FOOTSTEP EVENTS LTD ;
• to promote FOOTSTEP EVENTS LTD ‘s products and services generally; and
• to conduct research (e.g. surveys and questionnaires).
9. Personal information will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes without consent, except in exceptional cases when disclosure may be required by law.
10. You may be photographed or filmed during FOOTSTEP EVENTS LTD activities and agree and consent that your photograph, video or film likeness may be used for any legitimate purpose (including social media platforms, our website and newsletters) by FOOTSTEP EVENTS LTD, sponsors and or assigns, without compensation.
11. If you would like to unsubscribe please click ‘unsubscribe’ on the relevant correspondence or email email@example.com.
12. You have the right to review, update or delete personal information that may be stored on the FOOTSTEP EVENTS LTD database. If you would like to access or make corrections to your personal information, please contact Footstep Events Ltd, 99 Victoria St, Hastings, 3915 Australia or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may be asked to verify your identity before we disclose any personal information.
13. A request may be made to delete personal information via contact us on our website and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons.
14. FOOTSTEP EVENTS LTD will take reasonable steps to maintain the security of and to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of your personal information but cannot guarantee that unauthorised access to your personal information will not occur.